CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Feet Hurt.

Best Blog Tips
I may have made my husband regret saying these words to me, "I want to make our house beautiful again!" Well it has been a long few months.. The winter of 06' was the last time this house has been painted. I had always wanted to antique my kitchen cabinets. Well if I knew the amount of time and effort went into it I am not sure at the time I would have done it, but now that I step back a look at how beautiful they came out, I am so happy with them. We repainted the walls, redecorated, and I even repainted the hutch.

You can see that the walls were red before.

I really didn't want to paint this cause I knew how much work it would be. But I am sure glad that I did.

Then it was onto the bathroom. We had a leak a bit back and we had to tear down the entire ceiling and replace new sheet rock.
My friend Mollie came over and helped me mud the ceiling. That was fun..
The whole process was more stressful than the kitchen. It was awful not having my washer and dryer. All the sheet rock dust was the worst. I am glad that it is done and I am happy with the results.

Then it was onto the hallway and living room. This room was a lot easier. I painted it the same colors as the kitchen. It makes a nice flow. I bought a table off craigslist and repainted it to have that country look.
I got a wall sticker that says "because every picture has a story to tell" and hung a bunch of pictures around it. My mom gave me a corner hutch that I painted red and displays all my Willow Tree Angels. I got a free oriental rug off Free cycle that I am very proud of.
It has been a long process. But this home holds all our memories and traditions and it deserved a new look..

No comments:

Post a Comment