CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Learning to Lean on God..

Best Blog Tips


Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

This is the verse that has stuck in my head for days. I am apart of a group at my church called mops. This group has been a huge part of my growth as a Christian. We had a speaker on Wednesday. She used this verse.. And I love it when this happens, but I realized that my faith has grown. I realized that I DO lean on God and that he IS with me at all times.

There are two things that came to mind right away that helped me realize this. Both have to do with my step-daughter.. I will tell you a little history first.. I have been married to my husband 7 years this July 2011. 10 years all together. I have been helping him raise his two children now for 8 years. His (our) oldest daughter is expecting her first baby July 27th. With her only being 17 I did the typical parent thing and cried, was sad, mad, scared, and most of all disappointed. She had a bright future planned and why would she do this to herself. I continued to pray and ask God to do what was his will with this situation. After reality sunk in, I had to find the positive side of this situation. And this is where the second thing comes into play.

As we sat at Mops Wednesday apart of our discussion time a question came up "What do you want to impart onto your children?" We my daughter said "My mom (ME) has taught me to look and think of the positive side of every situation" WOW she said that about me..

After all I see what God is doing.. I see my daughter who has become this beautiful, responsible, loving woman who is going to be a great mom. Our relationship is better than it has ever been. I see me leaning on more and more on God and allowing him to do his work in my life. NOW don't think that I am no longer scared or nervous. I have had 2 babies and I know how hard it is.. I just continue to pray that she keeps leaning on God and know that he is with her at all times. I am excited to meet this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment