CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Best Blog Tips
My friend sent me a link to a blog.. "At the Well" and it touched my heart so I thought I would share.

I think that every girl grows up dreaming of what her life would be like. As a wife, a mother, her children, (one girl and one boy) her house. It all perfect in her mind of course. But when reality hits and it is not what you always dreamed it would be, it is quite disappointing. You think to yourself I deserve more than this. This is not what I dreamed my life to be. The challenge is to dwell on the positive. How often do I do that? In this blog it talks about your husbands. To dwell on his positive traits,encourage him where he is, and determine to be the one person in his life with whom he knows his faults are safe, if he knew she was the one person who saw the best in him, those positive traits would grow and make him a man greater than even he thought he could be. This is a challenge to me..

I get caught up in my own needs, my own wants. How dare I... is this normal? I wonder if the woman in my life that I look up to ever feel this way? Don't get me wrong, I love the life God has given me. I have 4 wonderful healthy children. A husband who never puts me down with harsh words and loves me no matter what. A beautiful home and some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. So why do I dwell on the negative?

I think what God is trying to put on my heart is that I do not trust that he has in mind what is best for me. He had a plan for my life since the day he created the world. The rest is up to me. I need to stop dwelling on the negative and start dwelling on the positive. And the best place to start is by asking God to help me. For the next week I am going to try to be thankful to God for all the blessings in my life. Be more encouraging to my husband. YES even when I feel MY needs are not being met..

No comments:

Post a Comment